UWC Dilijan represents an exciting extension of the UWC movement into the Caucasus region at the junction of Asia and Europe. It is the 14th United World College.
- UWC Dilijan was officially opened on 11 October 2014
- The first cohort of 94 students from 49 countries entered UWC Dilijan in August 2014
- In the academic year 2017-18 UWCD became home for 213 students from 82 countries
- International faculty of 42 teachers from 16 countries actively engage in community life as tutors, mentors and learners
- More than 330 donors from across the world support the initiative
- 5 UWC movement alumni are currently involved in academic and pastoral life at UWC Dilijan.
CREATIVITY - ACTIVITY - SERVICE
- CAS – is an integral part of the IB programme and UWC educational model
- Students contribute to their development as an individual and as a part of a bigger community
- Student-led CASes and service programmes are aimed at engaging with the local community and environment.
IB WORLD SCHOOL
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme is an academic programme recognised by universities worldwide with the curriculum taught in English
- The IB Diploma is a two-year educational programme primarily aimed at students aged 16-19. It prepares students for effective participation in a rapidly evolving and increasingly global society
- Students take part in programmes of education that can lead them to some of the highest ranking universities around the world
- With a ration of 1 teacher to 5 students, the College provides a tailor-made approach to every students, ensuring their best experience of IB Diploma Programme.
- The first generation of UWCD Alumni graduated in May 2016; many of them are continuing their education in the leading universities worldwide – Yale, Columbia, UCL, School of Oriental & African Studies (SOAS) University of London, Minerva Schools at KGI, McGill University, Duke, Queen Mary University of London, The University of Warwick, UC Berkeley, Ringling College, The University of Edinburgh, Sciences Po, King's College and others
- Many graduates have taken a gap year and are volunteering all around the world in the true spirit of the UWC family