Head of Science
- BSc in Marine and Fisheries Science, National Institute of Fisheries and Nautical Engineering, Ocean University, Sri Lanka
- MA in Development Education and Global Learning, Institute of Education, University College of London (UK)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Education, Open University of Sri Lanka
- Post Graduate Diploma in Environmental Science, University of Colombo, Sri Lanka
- Cambridge University and ECIS Diploma in Education and Training with QTLS, UK
As a marine biologist, I have experience in research, education, training and project management. I have worked in several non-governmental organisations and a range of schools in Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and now in Armenia. My teaching experience includes teaching Biology, Chemistry and Environmental Science. I am an examiner for IBDP Biology and Extended Essay and a former examiner for Edexcel IGCSE. I like to develop different teaching and learning methods in Sciences and research skills of my students. I love badminton, art and craft, reading, and watching documentaries.
What is the favourite part of the course you teach?
Which teaching method do you prefer and why?
Discussions on applying scientific theory into practice.
What advice would you give to a student of your subject?
Be passionate and connect science to your life.
Who is your role model or mentor or who inspires you?
My father and my mother
What is your life motto?
What are the three things you can't imagine your life without?
My family (husband and two kids), fresh air and sunlight.
What do you like to do in your spare time?
Sewing, reading, playing badminton or watching a random documentary.