Our Green Campus
UWC Dilijan’s grounds extend over 8 hectares of sloping and wooded countryside, located in the Dilijan National Park.
The college’s architectural design provides access to knowledge anywhere at any time through technology that fuels a continuous, relevant and adaptive learning environment. School spaces are designed to encourage collaborative learning, which is crucial for the development of a well-rounded student. The highest international standards, most advanced environmentally friendly and renewable technologies are employed in the construction.
UWC Dilijan has received numerous awards for the quality of the construction, including:
- 2015 BREEAM certificate of an ecological construction standard
- 2015 GRA GREEN ROOF LEADERSHIP AWARD in the "Trend Setting Architecture" category
- 2015 EUROPEAN PROPERTY AWARD in the "Public Service Development" category
- 2016 FIABCI World Prix d’Excellence Award in the "Public Infrastructure" category
- 2017 Build School Silver Award
Please read the article in the 2019 issue of TOPSCAPE about our green campus.
Simply building an international school in Armenia was too easy, so I decided to do things differently. My thought was, ‘I am not building an international school in Armenia, I am building an Armenian international school’. That’s why the architecture is informed by Dilijan, and contains many traits of the town’s own historical architectural tradition, which was influenced not only by the Armenian culture but the Georgian as well.
The college campus includes the following facilities:
- School Main Academic and Administration Building (atrium, classrooms, labs), Library and Resource Centre, Integrated IT Facilities
- Boarding Houses
- Medical Centre
- Art Studios
- Outdoor Sports Facilities, Playing Fields (FIFA standard football pitch, tennis courts, squash courts, volleyball pitch)
- Sports Complex (gymnasium, swimming pool, fitness centre)
- Staff Accommodation
- Outdoor Learning Areas / Pods
- Multi-Functional Centre (dining hall and performance space)
- Private Residential Area